The St. Mandé glassworks - located in a small village outside Paris - is now generally considered to be the “fifth” mid-19th century French factory. Although it had a relatively short existence from ca. 1841 to 1857, the glassworkers created an amazing variety of millefiori canes. The most common designs were closepacks, spaced and close concentrics, mushrooms and sulphides. Occasionally an “StM” signature cane can be found. So far, no dated weights have been identified but a couple of silhouettes - for instance a black bird - have been recorded. To add confusion to attribution, St. Mandé - like Clichy - was fond of using different types of roses!
Click on an image for details, sizes & enlarged views
Currently no products available.